|Birthday:||December 18, 1978|
|Birthplace:||Louisville, Kentucky, USA|
|Education:||New Albany Senior Public High School|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:||Oliver Finlay (son)|
Hugo Wilson (son)
|Relationships:||Lara Pulver (ex-wife)|
Ginnifer Goodwin (current wife)
|Character:||David Nolan / Prince Charming / Prince James / Prince 'James' Charming|
|Last appearance:||Leaving Storybrooke|
Joshua Paul Dallas is an American actor. He is best known for his roles as Prince Charming/David Nolan in the ABC television series Once Upon a Time and Fandral in the Marvel Comics film adaptation Thor. He currently stars as Ben Stone in the NBC drama series Manifest.
View the Josh Dallas Gallery.
After graduation at Mountview, Dallas joined the Royal Shakespeare Company, and then took parts with the Royal National Theatre, English National Opera, the New Shakespeare Company and the Young Vic.
Returning to the United States and based in Hollywood, he was cast in 2011 as Fandral in Thor after Irish actor Stuart Townsend withdrew from the role days before filming was to begin. As he was a virtually unknown actor when cast, there was some speculation that Dallas was selected because there simply was not enough time to find a bigger-name replacement. To prepare for the role, Dallas viewed Errol Flynn as an inspiration (Stan Lee, in 1965, created the character based on Flynn), and watched many of his films. He commented, "I tried to bring out that little bit of Flynn-ness in it. Flynn had a lot of that boyish charm and Fandral's got all that in him."
In 2011, he began starring in the ABC series Once Upon a Time as Prince Charming. Dallas did not reprise his role in the sequel to Thor due to his commitments in Once Upon a Time. Zachary Levi replaced him in the film. After six seasons, Dallas exited the series in 2017. He would, however, return for its series finale the following year. For 2018–19, he was cast as Ben Stone, the male lead, in the NBC mystery/drama series Manifest, which premiered on September 24, 2018.
Dallas was born in Louisville, Kentucky. He met English actress Lara Pulver in 2003 while working at the Johanna, Windsor. They married in 2007, and were divorced in 2011.
Dallas subsequently began dating his Once Upon a Time co-star Ginnifer Goodwin in fall 2011. Dallas and Goodwin became engaged in October 2013, and married on April 12, 2014 in California. Together, they have two sons, born in May 2014 and June 2016, respectively.
|2006||Ultimate Force||TV Series||Weaver|
|2008||Doctor Who||TV Series||Node 2|
|2008||80 Minutes||Floyd (as Joshua Dallas)|
|2009||The Boxer||Ben (as Joshua Dallas)|
|2009||The Descent: Part 2||Greg (as Joshua Dallas)|
|2009||The Last Days of Lehman Brothers||TV Movie||Ace (as Joshua Dallas)|
|2009||Ghost Machine||Bragg (voice, as Joshua Dallas)|
|2010||Money||TV Mini-Series||Spunk Davies|
|2010||Hawaii Five-0||TV Series||Ben Bass|
|2011||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||TV Series||Kip Woodman|
|2011 - 2018||Once Upon a Time||TV Series||David Nolan / Prince Charming / Prince James / Prince 'James' Charming|
|2012||Red Tails||Ryan (as Joshua Dallas)|
|2012||Trigger Point||TV Series||Tom Wisher|
|2016||Zootopia||Frantic Pig (voice)|
|2016||Sidekick||Short||James / Captain Strong|
|2018 - 2021||Manifest||TV Series||Ben Stone|
- Is just 4 months older than Jennifer Morrison and 21 years older than Jared Gilmore, who play his daughter and grandson on Once Upon a Time (2011).
- Replaced Stuart Townsend as "Fandral" in Kenneth Branagh's adaption of The Mighty Thor (2011).
- He attended New Albany Senior Public High School, and was heavily involved in the school's award-winning performing Arts programs.
- He grew up right across the Ohio River in New Albany Indiana.
- Proposed to Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White, Once Upon A Time) October 9, 2013.
- Has two sons with wife Ginnifer Goodwin. Oliver Finlay on May 29, 2014 and Hugo Wilson on June 1, 2016.
- Born on exactly the same date as Katie Holmes.
- David Longest trained him while he was a student at New Albany High School. He earned a scholarship to study acting in London at the age of 19.
- He made an appearance in a 2008 episode of the popular BBC series Doctor Who.
- He was married to Lara Pulver from 2003 to 2007. He began dating Ginnifer Goodwin in 2011, and the two got married in April 2014. He and Ginnifer had a son named Oliver in May 2014 and welcomed their second son Hugo in 2016.
- He appeared in the 2012 film Red Tails with Terrence Howard.